Go get something important done right now. Here’s how in fewer than 10 steps:
1) Pick the three most important things that you need to accomplish today. Write them down. Just those three, no more, no less.
2) Take your three things, and put them into your calendar. Schedule them. Give them each a 90-minute chunk of time with a 15-minute break in between.
3) Take the next 10 minutes to gather the things you need to accomplish the first task. Close every single window on your computer that you don’t need for this task, clear your desk of any clutter that will distract you.
4) Go take a quick walk. 10 or 15 minutes. Stop what you’re doing, go clear your head. Fill up your water bottle, get a cup of coffee, get some fresh air.
5) Come back to your desk, and do task #1. Don’t answer your phone or respond to unrelated emails or check Facebook. You’ll get a break to do those things in 90 minutes.
6) Once you’re finished with task #1 or 90 minutes has passed (whichever comes first), take another 10-15 minute break.
7) When you return from your break, finish task #1 or start on task #2.
8) Repeat this cycle until all of your tasks are done.
We bet you’ll get more done today and feel more accomplished when you go home tonight than usual, and with less strain. Give it a try and let us know how it goes! We’d love to hear what happens; tweet at us at @Brandfolder.