About Sara Pion
Head of Marketing Strategy, Dandy
Before recently joining Dandy as head of marketing strategy, Sara Pion led marketing teams at brands like VoiceFlow, Drift, Alice and more. She was even part of an experimental marketing team at Drift. She’s spent her career fine-tuning the way companies serve their customer base through innovative strategies and a customer-forward mindset. When she’s not leading the industry in community growth and support, she’s either admiring the oxford comma, boxing or co-hosting her professional growth and development podcast “Self Control & Cheese.”
Dandy x Sara Pion: Building Better Communities
Our latest guest, Sara Pion, is currently head of marketing strategy at Dandy. Business major turned bot builder turned marketer, Sara’s many hats have earned her a wealth of rich and unique experiences. After learning from growth marketing legends at Drift, Sara has since built a career around her “nerd-level” love of marketing — don’t even get her started on A/B testing! In this episode, Sara shares her expert insight into how to build communities that actually build community. She also teaches us about customer retention and finding your people in a practical yet authentic way. Get ready to take notes!
We learn why it’s best to cater to your top 10% of customers rather than the other 90%.
Sara shares her insightful definition of communities and how we can best serve them.
We discuss best practices for fostering conversations among your top fans.
Want to integrate your in-person events with your digital communities? Sara tells us exactly how.
We explore why not every company needs to have a community and whether or not creating one is right for yours.